Audio-Technica At-ART 9 MC
The AT-ART9 is Audio-Technica’s flagship moving-coil cartridge. Combining the craftsmanship, artistry and leading-edge engineering derived from the AT50ANV, AT-ART7 and AT-OC9/III cartridges, the AT-ART9 employs a vibration system and magnetic circuit that are the best-ever within the series thus resulting in exquisitely transparent and naturally complete sound quality. It is so startlingly honest that your ears convey to your mind and it comes to a singularly quick conclusion – this is real music at its best. Just like the body knows real sugar from processed substitute.
Its new magnetic circuit design adopts permandur yoke and neodymium magnet for dramatically increased magnetic energy, extremely low noise and improved bass response.
Special line contact stylus with tip curvature radii of 40μm × 7μm adopted in AT50ANV and solid boron cantilever with a 0.26 mm diameter allow accurate transfer of music signals from the stylus tip to the generating coil.
Dual moving coil for high separation and wide response.
Hybrid body inherited from the AT-ART7 cartridge design to suppress unwanted parasitic and deleterious resonances. The housing is made of machined aluminum materials to dissipate parasitic resonances for unimpeded sound quality and clarity.
PCOCC coil wiring for direct and pure signal transmission.
High-quality brass screws for headshell attachment offers the best match for optimal sound quality.
– Type: Moving coil
– Frequency response: 15Hz-50kHz
– Channel Separation: 30 dB (1kHz)
– Coil impedance: 12 W (1kHz)
– DC resistance: 12 W
– Tracking force: 1.6-2.0 g (1.8 g standard)
– Vertical tracking angle: 23°
– Recommended load impedance: Minimum 100 ohms
– Coil inductance: 2mH (1kHz)
– Static compliance: 35 x 10-6cm/dyne
– Dynamic compliance: 18.0 x 10-6cm/dyne (100Hz)
– Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec: 0.5mV
– Stylus shape: Special Line Contact Stylus
– Cantilever: 0.26mm solid boron
– Stylus Construction: Nude square shank
– Mount: 1/2” centres
– Dimensions (mm): L25.6 x W17.0 x H17.3 mm
– Weight: 8.5 g